Pages

Tuesday, July 20, 2021

LETTERS OF A WOMAN HOMESTEADER BY Elinore Pruitt Stewart

 LETTERS OF A WOMAN HOMESTEADER BY Elinore Pruitt Stewart is an autobiographical account of a female in the early 1900s who sets out to homestead. This is the first audio-book of this length that I actually listened to- 5 hours, 19 minutes and 53 seconds.  I enjoyed it. 

Because I am very much interested in lifestyles, particularly those of early Americans this book was perfect for me. LETTERS OF A WOMAN HOMESTEADER BY Elinore Pruitt Stewart  is a series of letters written from 1909- 1914, 5 years of a widowed woman and her child as they venture west. Miss Pruitt Stewart details her impressions of the environment as well as the people she encounters. 

As I listened, and I suspect as one might as he or she read the printed version, I found myself right there in the cold, interacting with the people and satisfying my curiosity of Mormonism; her adventure became my adventure. I am also reminded of the time in which this book was written, I become painfully aware of what various individuals believe about different people groups. I was not offended by her prejudice because I understood that it was truly based on ignorance an not as many of today would call “racism”. 

I listened to a FREE audio version of the book via YouTube’s “Best Audiobooks” channel. The individual reading the book was perfect; I have listened to various audio versions of the Bible and I don’t like some readers. The print version is available via books stores for a fee or FREE on various sights including THE PROJECT GUTENBURG a source of many writings that are no longer copyright protected. 

If you are interested in #AmericanHistory #WomensHistory #History You will want to listen to or read this book. I recommend it.   Written by Marsha L Floyd (Randolph)






No comments:

Post a Comment