Pages

Sunday, October 10, 2021

HEALING ACROSS the VEIL by Margaret Grace

 I can tell you what I think of HEALING ACROSS THE VEIL by Margaret Grace in less than 5 words but I will add 5 more: I don’t like it and I do not recommend it. 

This is the second book I was asked to review in which the author declares that the dead helped write the book. Both authors claim “spirituality” and Ms. Grace mentions god (note I purposely used a lower case “g”). 

I area of specialty in writing and book reviews is biblically based literature. I usually warn writers that I am very critical when the Bible is invoked. Technically, this author did not cite Scripture or reference Jesus, she confessed to being ‘spiritual’. Note, she did reference Scripture but it was clear she has no clue.

It took me almost a month to read this 59 page book because my faith would not allow me to comprehend the darkness found throughout the pages.  I finally asked my heavenly father why. Why could I not get into this book? His answer: 

1 Corinthians 14:33

For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.
Her words, the sequence of the chapters, the explanations for her experiences fell short of clarity. It may have made sense to her but despite the topic of discussion being important- being molested as a child- the presentation of the information fell short. 

The facilitator of her healing was her ability to speak to the dead not the Holy Spirit. I remember decades ago accompanying my sister to a psychic. My sister was able to speak to a deceased relative but when it became my turn there was nothing. Demonic spirits cannot talk to God’s children, at that time my sister did not have a personal relationship with God through Jesus.  As a member of the Unity Church the author was able to speak to a demonic spirit posing as her father. 

I had to Google ‘Unity Church’ to be sure my understanding of its’ doctrine was accurate.  To say it is a Christ centered church would be a lie, just like the title of this book.

The book is not biblically based. It is found on ‘spirtuality’ via a generic faith system that has nothing to do with Creator God. If Amazon allows me to post this review it will receive a one star only because I cannot give it a thumbs down. THERE ARE OTHER BOOKS AVAILABLE FOR THOSE WHO HAVE EXPERIENCED ABUSE GET THEM.   Written by Marsha L Floyd

 

No comments:

Post a Comment