Pages

Thursday, January 14, 2021

SEWING TO SELL by Virginia Lindsay


How do I sell locally and on line is the question, SEWING TO SELL by Virginia Lindsay has some of the answers. It is “The beginners guide to starting a craft business”, a book I purchased in 2019, glanced at in 2020 and am now taking seriously.

To date, I have given away more crafts than I have sold mainly because I make money in other ways. But making stuff cost and I do not have a credit card or an unlimited supply of money. I have been asked on more than one occasion by people willing to pay: Do you have a website? My answer has always been no.  So what does this book have to offer?

SEWING TO SELL talks mostly about what to make and how to make it. In the appendix is the administrative stuff like taxes and setting up a business but it is just an overview. 

This book simply gives the reader the encouragement to know that she can make money making things like grocery totes. The “but” is: you have to have an inventory. 

This book was exactly what I needed, an overview of selling what I make. I did not want a big 300+ page manual of setting up a business from beginning to the first customer- that would be overwhelming. Somethings you can just google. 

                                                                                                  Written by Marsh L F Randolph

This book is part of my personal reading library. The review is my honest unsolicited opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment