Pages

Monday, September 14, 2026

BOOK THOUGHTS: BREAK FREE WITH BOOKKEEPING

 


My thoughts regarding: BREAK FREE WITH BOOKKEEPING LIFE ON YOUR TERMS

I have been preparing taxes since 1999, 26 years; I am un-credentialed Tax Expert, I am not a CTA, CPA OR EA; I am experienced without the big billable hours pay. I started my practice working for a corporation and eventually started my own private practice. At 66 I am still preparing tax returns both with my now very small private practice and working for a corporation.  I am exploring what it takes to be a Bookkeeper. 

BREAK FREE WITH BOOKKEEPING LIFE ON YOUR TERMS by Tiffani Higgins, Bill Rogers and Deanna , is a book worth reading because it explains what I classify as “the behind the scenes” of becoming a bookkeeper or any other business you might want to start.  The chapter titles are self explanatory:

INTRODUCTION:  Break Free, Live on Your Terms on Your Terms 

CHAPTER 1: Breaking Free from the Grind

CHAPTER 2: Why Bookkeeping is the Hidden Gem

CHAPTER 3: Laying the Foundation

CHAPTER 4: Branding with Confidence

CHAPTER 5: Leveraging AI for Growth and Simplicity

CHAPTER 6: Building Client Relationships That Last

CHAPTER 7: Scaling Beyond Yourself

CHAPTER 8: Maintaining Work-Life Harmony

  CHAPTER 9:  The Shortcut: Leveraging the Stay at Home Bookkeeper Academy 

  CHAPTER 10: Your Freedom Blueprint


The reason why I am recommending this book to anyone who wants to be a bookkeeper is because I saw a truth about how much money a person can make. I have seen advertisements to help individuals become a bookkeeper and earn $75 an hour; I did not believe it. The book explains how, once you get the clients this is possible but it takes marketing.

  In chapter 9:  The Shortcut: Leveraging the Stay at Home Bookkeeper Academy, the authors explain how they can help you obtain your clients and earn that much money. They charge for the privilege. 

I have a plan, I have successfully taken the Intuit Bookkeeping course and will be taking the Quickbook class. I have discovered quite a few businesses use QuickBooks and not every entry level job, working for someone, requires that you take the class. If you are going to work for yourself, I recommend taking a class. 

If I do decide to add bookkeeping to my resume I will be  working for a corporation because I am 66 years old and do not need to make thousands of dollars. 

As I told the Bookkeeping Academy representative, I just want to earn enough money to cover the cost of my sewing habit, which can be very pricey and my grandchildren which as they get older they need less. I do not need to pay to be part of the networking team.

Finally,  if you want to be a bookkeeper and want to be self employed this book is your blueprint for establishing a successful business. AND if you want to own your own business but not a bookkeeper, I still recommend this book because it has excellent foundational concepts related to starting your own business, clients just don’t run to you.


Written by Marsha L Floyd

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED





No comments:

Post a Comment