Pages

Tuesday, September 22, 2026

BOOK THOUGHTS: MAKING RAGDOLLS

 I ordered MAKING RAG DOLLS by Juanita Clarke because I don’t like the newer crafting books that are being published. This has an original copyright date ofin 1994 and reprinted in 199. What that means to you- Don’t order from Amazon there are quite a few onone- used book places you might be able to get a copy from.


There are 20 rag doll patterns in this book which includes: Mr and Mrs Santa Clause and an elf!  There are both female and male dolls. The book includes: how to make instructions, patterns for the faces, instructions on how to hand embroider the face, and the actual pattern (actual size) for each doll. 

My plan, what I do with all of my hard to find patterns, is to take the book to my printer so he can do his magic in printing the patterns.  Yes, I have a printer and can print them myself but I do not want to take the patterns out of the book and I do not want to spend the time printing them page by page. I will pay for the privilege. Once I get the patterns printed, I will make copies to use. Yes, the clothing patterns are included.

I have made rag dolls before and they really are not that complicated to make. I unusually make them by hand so I can sew and watch television. 


WRITTEN by Marsha L Floyd

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED 

No comments:

Post a Comment