The Bible is HIS-story, the AMERICAN WOMAN’S BIBLE is history as it relates to women the combination of the two makes a great study.
- Throughout the Bible there are inserts which discuss America’s history. The chapter/topics are:
- Women of Early America- Colonial Times Until the Revolutionary War
- Women of the American Revolution - The Nation is Born
- Women of the Civil War - The Abolition of Slavery
- Women of World War I - The Great War
- Women of World Wart II - The Nation Unites
- American Women of the Baby Boomer Era - Emergence of a New America
- Women of the Civil Rights Movement - Laying New Foundation Stones
- Women of America After September 11, 2001 - The Nation Stands Still
There are 70 biographies of women and over 150 quotes from people in American History.
This is a New King James Bible. The beginning of each book contains the author, date, setting, theme and insights. As with many Bibles cross references and translation notes are present- bottom right of each page. The Font is a good is easy to read. In addition the value based commentary on specific verses are based on the following topics: Bravery, Challenge, Commitment, Compassion Concern, Courage, Creativity, Dedication, Devotion, Dignity, Diligence, Duty, Faith, Faithfulness, Forgiveness, Generosity Honor, Hope, Hopefulness, Hospitality, Humility, Influence, Inspiration, Integrity, Joyfulness, Justice, Kindheartedness, Kindness Knowledge, Leadership, Love, Loyalty, Mercy, Obedience, Perseverance, Persistence, Poise, Prayerfulness, Resourcefulness, Righteousness Sacrifice, Service, Steadfastness, Strength, Submission, Sympathy, Teaching, Testing, Thankfulness, Trials, Trust, Truth Unknown, Victory, Wisdom and Worship.
If Thomas Nelson continues to produce Bibles that are true to God’s word and include such information as what is found in the AMERICAN WOMAN’S BIBLE all I can say is clean off the bookshelf! I recommend you purchase this Bible not only because it is a NKJV (my favorite translation) but is shares such a great history of American women.
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookLook Bloggers <http://booklookbloggers.com> book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 <http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/cfr/waisidx_03/16cfr255_03.html> : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”