Pages

Saturday, October 31, 2020

HEADCOVERING THROUGHOUT CHRISTIAN HISTORY by David Phillips


 I learned of this book HEADCOVERING THROUGHOUT CHRISTIAN HISTORY through YouTube.  As I listened to the author David Phillips I knew I had to get the book because I had made a decision to cover my head.  Note: This book is only available in ebook format only on Amazon.

HEADCOVERING THROUGHOUT CHRISTIAN HISTORY  - The Church’s Response to 1 Corinthians 11:2-16 by David Phillips is more than what I had anticipated. This is a very detailed report of the history of the church and how men and women presented themselves in the house of God- the church. 

The author shares the thoughts of various men and some women throughout history as it pertains to attire in the church. The first opinion is that of Clement of Alexander (150AD- 215AD), a quick look at Wikipedia reveals he is a very significant figure within Christianity. Century by century the author shares the thought upon how women are to present themselves in church.

In this chronological and systematic approach the reader will be able to come to his or her own conclusions regarding head coverings. The transitioning will become apparent to everyone even if you have a minute historical knowledge. The book concludes by sharing places where head coverings are still practice.

The book answered all of my questions and more. I do cover my head and I don’t mind it. I have no problem with those who do not cover their head.  - written by Marsha L F Randolph

No comments:

Post a Comment