Pages

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

SPIRITUAL WARFARE


I downloaded the book, “Spiritual Warfare” by Marvin McKenzie, because I am interested in the subject.  The book cover indicated that 1) the book was a study of 1 & 2 Samuel and  ) the book was part of a Bible study series.    After reading the first chapter “The Battle for the Home” I enthusiastically continued reading. I
As wonderful and on-point as chapter one may have been everything, at least for me began to go down ill midway of chapter two. What promised to be a very good study of 1 & 2 Samuel as it related to spiritual warfare, something that I have not read or heard discussed, became an opportunity for Marvin McKenzie to vent.  Apparently he has a problem with individuals dedicating their children in one church and then changing churches.  He also seems to have difficulty embracing biblical teaching preferring to preach.
“So far I have just not been able to bring myself to make that switch; from Bible preacher to Bible expositor.  (Kindle Location 751-58)
This statement is evident in his writing.  “Spiritual Warfare” as written by Marvin McKenzie moves from teaching spiritual warfare to preaching information not valid to the discussion. Perhaps when behind the pulpit this minister of the gospel likes to venture off of his message, a practice preachers and professors have been known to do, this is not advisable to those who choose to teach or write.
 In the introduction the author states there may be errors in spelling or grammar within the pages of his book. He indicates that the manuscript was inspired by a sermon which he decided to incorporate in a printed bible study series. This is not his first book, he has been publishing since 2010. With 14 publications listed on Amazon readers novas writing errors should not to be present.
I cannot recommend this book. Because this is a book that I purchased  Amazon will allow me to loan this book to anyone with a Kindle, I will not.  I did not receive a complimentary copy of this book for review. 

No comments:

Post a Comment